Home of Guiding Hands offers a variety of community living options for those individuals who choose to live independently or with a roommate in their own home.
If a client has the desire to live in his or her own home or apartment, we support that decision by providing trained Community Living Counselors who give one-to-one support to ensure that the individual’s needs are met. Clients also have access to a counselor 24/7 through an on-call support system.
Individual Support plans include, but are not limited to:
- Budgeting and money management
- Menu planning and nutrition
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Shopping and price comparison
- Home maintenance and cleaning
- Accessing medical and dental services
- Personal hygiene and health
- Accessing community resources (including RSVP and Section 8)
- Public transportation and education
- Housing and roommate matching
- Accessing recreation and social activities
For more information regarding the Community Living Program, please call Liane Wilson, Family Support Services Manager at 619-938-2889 or email@example.com.
Si desea más información sobre el programa de vida en la comunidad, comuníquese con la directora de apoyo familiar al (619) 938-2850